Reducing squeak and rattle noises caused by surface-to-surface rubbing of hood hinges of commercial vehicles.
Key Application Requirements
Abrasion- and wear-resistant; anti-stick, low coefficient of friction properties; must meet interior automotive component specification.
These tapes are die-cut into custom parts according to automotive OEM specifications. Finished parts are shipped to a component supplier or an assembly plant where they are applied.
3M™ UHMW Film Tape 5425
3M™ Automotive Buzz Squeak and Rattle Tape 9321: Gray tape with UHMW-PE structure
3M™ Conformable Sound Management Film Tape 9343: Black tape with non-woven structure
Related Application Ideas
Heater or Air conditioning vents, defroster vents and airbag housing.
- Noise reduction: These transparent Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) tapes have a low coefficient of friction and excellent abrasion resistance, making them effective solutions for many noise and vibration problems.
- Easy to apply: Pressure-sensitive adhesive makes it easy to apply on the assembly line, helping to improve throughput.
- Excellent adhesion: 3M acrylic adhesive provides a high-strength, long-term bond that remains in place during the life of the vehicle.
- Die-cut parts: These tapes may be die cut to provide custom shapes and sizes for convenient application on the assembly line.
- Outstanding abrasion resistance: These UHMW-PE tapes will outwear PTFE tapes and many other materials.
- Self-lubricating: These tapes may be used where lubrication is not possible.