Masking Film to protect the first color while the second color is painted on two-tone trailers and other applications.
Must withstand up to 200° F, provide clean paint break line and leave no adhesive residue upon removal.
3M™ Masking Film MF Series is pulled off the M3500 hand masker with 3M™ Masking Tape 231 or 231A attached and cut using the tear bar. The large taped film is applied along the masking guide line to protect the first paint color underneath. The masking film and tape are cleanly removed after the trailer is baked in the paint oven.
3M™ Masking Film MF Series
Scotch® Masking Tape 2693, 231 or 231A, 232, 234
3M™ Overspray Protective Sheeting 6727 - also good for paint repair applications
3M™ Masking Film 7300 Series, 7260M bags
3M™ Masking Paper 6500 Series, 6600 Series, 6700 Series
Related Application Ideas
Camping trailers, recreational vehicles.
- Versatile: 3M masking film is ideal for masking large areas to protect first paint color. Sizes are available for the 3M Hand-Masker System™ utilizing the M3X-III hand masker tool.
- 3M adhesive: 3M paint masking tape sticks easy and allows fast application. Clean removal helps reduce labor.
- Resists lifting and curling: Helps save time by reducing rework.
- Smooth surface: Controlled crepe paper backing of tape provides smoothness to fingers for application and good surface contact with secure holding.
- Conformable and easy-to-tear: Excellent conformability and easy tear properties help speed up application time by going on easy and remaining easy to work with throughout the application.
- Easy to use: Special back size treatment on tape provides controlled unwind, helping to reduce waste.