3M Aberdeen Receives Community Award (Fall 2008)
On Thursday, September 25, 2008, 3M Aberdeen plant was honored with two prestigious Abby awards from the Aberdeen community.
- The first Abby award was the “Bridge Builder” award which honors community businesses or organizations for demonstrating exceptional performance in collaboration between students from area educational institutions and their business or workplace. This award recognizes student workforce development opportunities such as internships, mentoring programs, job shadowing, apprenticeships, or other such offerings. We are proud to be the first recipients of the Bridge Builder award.
- The second Abby was awarded for Manufacturing which acknowledges 3M Aberdeen for demonstrating exceptional performance in the production of manufactured goods.
3M CEO Visits 3M Aberdeen Plant
On April 26, 2006, 3M's CEO George Buckley came for a visit to 3M Aberdeen. Mr. Buckley received a first-hand view of all of Aberdeen's manufacturing processes. The day wrapped up with an informal gathering where plant employees were on hand to meet Mr. Buckley.
South Dakota Governor Rounds Visits 3M Aberdeen Plant
Governor Mike Rounds came to Aberdeen Plant in third quarter of 2006. The Governor was given a tour of the facility and met with the plant leadership team to discuss growth and development at the 3M Aberdeen facility. The Governor complimented 3M's reputation for being a good corporate neighbor. He also noted that 3M is an enticement for young South Dakotans to remain in the state.
MATHCOUNTS at 3M Aberdeen
In the early 1990's, 3M Aberdeen made a commitment to partner with the Aberdeen School District and bring the MATHCOUNTS program to Aberdeen Area Schools. Each year, more than 250 sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students are able to participate in the MATHCOUNTS program, and the Aberdeen area hosts up to six local competitions annually. Since the start of this program, 3M Aberdeen has contributed by providing financial support along with employee volunteers who spend many hours of their time to make the MATHCOUNTS program possible.
3M Aberdeen’s Certifications and Registrations
- ISO/AS 9100:2004 Aerospace Standard
- FDA Registration – Medical Devices
- ISO 9001:2000
- ISO 140001 – Environmental
- ISO 13485:2003 Medical Devices
- NIOSH – National Institute of Safety & Health
- SAI/NZ – Standards Assurance Innovation Austrailia/New Zealand
- ISO/TS 16949:2002 (Technical Specification) – Automotive
- VPP Star (Voluntary Protection Programs) – Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- SABS - South Africa
- SAWS - China
- CE - European Directives
- EPA Performance Track Certification - (Environmental Protection Agency)