3M Aberdeen, South Dakota
We are a world-class manufacturing facility located in the northeast region of South Dakota. 3M Aberdeen manufactures high quality, economical disposable respirators for the Personal Safety Division, Infection Prevention Division and Construction and Home Improvement Markets Division, along with adhesive tapes for the Automotive Division, Industrial Adhesives & Tapes Division, Aerospace Division, and Electronics Markets Materials Division.
Our respirators are approved by government agencies for use by small and large manufacturing companies worldwide with exposure to workplace hazards associated with activities such as welding, foundry, pesticides, sanding, abrasive blasting, construction and abatement. 3M Aberdeen also produces Filtrete® brand furnace filters to remove dusts and allergens from homes. Our adhesive tapes are used in attachment applications in the automotive industry, as well as a variety of specialty joining applications in industry.
To exceed customer expectations by producing quality products and services in a safe, efficient, innovative manufacturing environment with employees who participate in the workplace and the community.
To enhance 3M Aberdeen’s culture of continuous improvement, to be the manufacturing site of choice for safe, efficient production of 3M products.
- Personnel and operational safety
- Ethical management with high integrity
- Environment that respects the worth of our people
- Customer satisfaction
- Environmentally friendly operations
3M Aberdeen Facts
- Plant age: Opened in 1974
- Plant size: 430,000 sq. ft.
- Area: 160 acres
- Number of divisions served: 13
Awards and Accolades
- 2012 Abby Award from the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2012 South Dakota Community Leadership Award
- 2012 Hub Area Habitat for Humanity Supporter of the Year
- 2012 OHSA Voluntary Protection Program