About 3M Automotive OEM
Working with you to solve challenges and build better vehicles.
Innovative products from 3M OEM Automotive touch virtually every vehicle manufactured in the world today.
Our successful relationships with automotive manufacturers and their OEM suppliers began in 1915 when we revolutionized vehicle surface preparation with 3M™ Wetordry™ Abrasives and two-tone painting with Scotch™ Masking Tape. Today 3M supplies the automotive industry with more than 1,000 different products for body-in-white, paint, chassis, powertrain, interior and exterior applications, including:
- Acoustic insulation products
- Acrylic foam tapes
- Catalytic converter mounting mats and insulation
- Decorative and protective film products
- Fluoroelastomers for hoses, seals and gaskets
- Glass bubbles for lightening and strengthening plastics
- Light management and electrical components
- Noise absorbing and damping products
- Plant safety, worker safety and environmental products
- Security labeling and identification materials
- Sensors and brackets for attachment to glass or metal
- Structural adhesives and other fastening systems
- Wheel weights
Because 3M Automotive OEM operates manufacturing plants and automotive innovation centers around the world, we offer sales and technical support at the local level. If you have product specification responsibilities and would like more detailed information about 3M solutions for a wide variety of automotive design, engineering and manufacturing challenges, please contact us.