The Steri-Strip™ Skin Closures brand offers an extended line of
adhesive skin closures to meet your wound closure needs. Our versatile,
cost-saving, non-invasive sterile Steri-Strips™ Skin Closures have many applications and come in a variety of sizes. Options include reinforced, elastics, "blend-tone," an antimicrobial and a waterproof wound closure system. View our full product range on the right tab.
BIG IMPACT. SMALL SOLUTION.
Stopping infections before they start is a big part of your job. Surgical site infections (SSIs) (PDF, 268 kb) are the second most-common hospital-acquired infection (HAI) accounting for 20% of all HAIs among hospitalized patients,* and costing up to $29,000 depending on the pathogen and procedure.** As you are looking for untapped potential for infection control, have you considered using 3M™ Steri- Strip™ Skin Closures?
BRING THE FIGHT TO THE SITE.
3M™ Steri-Strip™ Antimicrobial Skin Closures are a small, but effective way for you to help reduce the risk of SSIs on your patients and help the bottom line. Bring the fight to the site and provide patients with the added protection they deserve with 3M™ Steri-Strip™ Skin Closures care.
Download our flyer (PDF, 930 kb) to learn more.
* Klevens RM, Edwards JR, et al. Estimating health-care associated infections and deaths in U.S. hospitals, 2002. Public Health Reports 2007;122:160-166.
** Surgical Site Infection Toolkit, Berrio-Torres, CDC Division of Healthcare Quality Products, 2009.
||Application and Removal
In vitro testing shows the iodophor adhesive in 3M™ Steri-Strip™ Antimicrobial Skin Closures has broad-spectrum activity against the most common pathogens causing surgical site infections.1
3M™ Strip™ Antimicrobial Skin Closures
- Staphylococcus aureus is the leading cause of surgical site infections.2
- Hospital stays for Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection have more than tripled since 2000 and have increased nearly ten-fold since 1995.3
- Preventing a single case of SSI due to (MRSA) can save hospitals as much as $60,000.4
- 1. A 3M In Vitro Ioban™ Study 05-010730 (2008), 3M Health Care.
- 2. Hidron AI, et.al., Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008;29:996-1011; Hidron AI et.al., Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009;30:107.
- 3. Elixhauser A and Steiner C. Infections with Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) in U.S. Hospitals, 1993–2005. AHRQ Healthcare
Cost and Utilization Project Statistical Brief 2007; 35:1-10.
- 4. Anderson DJ, Kaye KS, Chen LF, Schmader KE, Choi Y, et al. (2009) Clinical and Financial Outcomes Due to Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus
aureus Surgical Site Infection: A Multi-Center Matched Outcomes Study. PLoS ONE 4(12): e8305. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0008305.
Offers wound closure and support with a special adhesive containing Iodophor.
The standard for wound closure and wound support.
Flexibility for your special application needs with elasticity and conformability.
Non-reinforced, microporous, light-colored skin closures.
Combines the cosmetic benefits of 3M™ Steri-Strip™ Skin Closures and the barrier protection of 3M™ Tegaderm™ Transparent Dressing into one convenient product.
Steri-Strip compound benzoin tincture may be used to increase skin closure adhesion. Sterile tray packaging allows aseptic delivery.
The Steri-Strip skin closure rack is a convenient way to keep the sizes you use most within easy reach in an office or hospital setting.