This splice is a 35 kV-class inline splices for joining tape, longitudinally corrugated (LC), wire and UniShield® shielded power cables. It is a cold shrink design sized to fit Type MV-90 or Type MV-105 cables with an aluminum conductor size of 500 kcmil.
• Cold Shrink Design - for quick and easy installation; excellent for cable size transitions
• Complete Kit - includes everything required to make one splice
• Silicone Rubber Construction - for good high and low temperature performance
• High Ampacity Shield - faults current rated for 15,000 Amps for 15 cycles, neutral current rated for 350 Amps.
• Production Tested - partial discharge and A.C.withstand tests to provide reliability
• Computer Aided Design - for compact size and optimal distribution of electrical field
• Special Electrode Design - minimizes electrical stress at critical cable/splice interface
Applications For splicing 35 kV shielded power cables:
• For inline splicing
• For feeder and distribution circuits
• For Tape, Wire, UniShield® & Longitudinally corrugated (LC) shielded cables.
• For transitions from shielded to neutral power cables.
• For copper or aluminum conductors
• For size transition splicing
• For direct burial installations
• For submerged locations
Manufacturing Origin: USA
The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components. Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.