Making the Uncommon Connection
3M technologies can be combined in virtually limitless ways to create new products or adapted with new properties designed to meet specific needs. We can help make the "uncommon connection" between your toughest challenges and the wealth of potential solutions available through 3M's rich technology portfolio.
Today 3M has:
- 3,700 technical service staff working in
- 30 customer technical centers (CTCs), including new ones in Dubai, Colombia, Malaysia, Delhi, Bangalore and Chongqing, and
- 35 laboratories, including a new state-of-the-art R&D lab in Bangalore, India
- More scientists and technical staff will be hired.
- New CTCs will open in Argentina, Thailand, Sweden, Poland, South Africa and Spain.
- Expanded labs and CTCs will open in Brazil and Mexico.
Starting with You
The 3M Defense team follows the 3M model of understanding and engaging customers as a foundation for solving problems. We look forward to meeting with you in person and talking through the next generation of performance metrics: in the air, on the ground or at sea. As you encounter specific challenges, we want to be there to help address them, whether it means observing training battalions, spending time on military bases or sitting down to exchange ideas with your product development teams.
Big Picture Thinking
We have complete access to all 3M intellectual property across 46 technology platforms. Sharing and combining technologies is the heart of our ongoing performance-based product innovation.
Fine Print Compliance
3M has a long history of serving the Federal Government, U.S. Military and primary military suppliers. While the 3M Defense team contributes ideas and helps accelerate innovation, the parent 3M Company has established processes and procedures for successful and compliant working relationships.
- GSA business
- Listed in CCR
- Will partner with 8a certified businesses
- External Web Access Management (EWAM) access
- RFID compliance
- Experienced in DCMA compliance
A Legacy of Innovation
Our formula for success is proven and documented. As a young, growing team within the larger corporation, we continue the tradition of using customer-inspired innovation, and our goal is to meet national security, homeland defense and warfighter needs.