As clean as a whistle: Proper brushing with braces
Good that your child has straight teeth after finishing with treatment. Better if they are also beautiful and healthy! It is important that they brush their teeth after every meal because plaque can form faster when they wear fixed braces.
Thorough cleaning with toothbrush
This is how:
1) It is best to use a soft toothbrush and a toothpaste containing fluoride.
2) The braces-wearer should hold the toothbrush in such a way that they can feel the bristles under the rubber ligature.
3) Each tooth surface should be brushed including the areas above, below and between each bracket.
4) Top teeth should be brushed from top to bottom, the bottom ones from bottom to top.
5) To ensure complete and proper brushing, each tooth surface should receive about 10 brush movements. This usually does not take longer than two to three minutes!
How to get perfect results: More tips on optimum dental hygiene
Now your child's toothbrush must do more and wears out faster. Make sure as soon as the bristles fray, a new toothbrush is used.
Optical help: Tooth dye tablets enable your child to recognize every tooth surface that needs brushing at once.
The use of an oral irrigator before brushing helps eliminate rough food particles.
A weekly fluoride prophylaxis helps optimize your child's dental protection.