Anatomy of a smile
- Self confidence:
- Laugh line
Who wouldn't like to have a perfect smile? Here you can learn what elements make up a beautiful smile.
- Most common diagnosis
- Front top teeth protrude far past the bottom teeth
Overbite means that the upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth by too great a distance.
- Bottom teeth protrude past the top teeth
- Not a common diagnosis
Underbite means that the lower jaw protrudes too far in relation to the upper jaw.
- When biting down, there is a space between the top and bottom front teeth
You can tell an open bite by a gap showing between some teeth when you clench them.
- Teeth overlap others
- Are too crowded
Crossbite means the position of one or more teeth is reversed, the teeth cross each other vertically.
Tooth gaps and missing teeth
- Teeth have fallen out or did not develop
- Very large spaces between teeth
Read here why missing teeth should not only be treated for aesthetic reasons.