Just as clean as a whistle: Proper brushing with braces
Good if you have straight teeth after finishing treatment with braces. Better if they are also beautiful and healthy! It is important to brush your teeth after each meal because plaque can form faster when you wear fixed braces.
Thorough cleaning with toothbrush
This is how:
1) It is best to use a soft toothbrush and a toothpaste containing fluoride.
2) Hold the toothbrush in such a way that you can feel the bristles under the rubber ligature.
3) Now start to brush each tooth surface including the areas above, below and between each brace.
4) Brush your top teeth from top to bottom, your bottom ones from bottom to top.
5) To ensure complete and proper brushing, you should apply about 10 brush movements to each tooth surface. This does not usually take longer than two to three minutes!
How to get perfect results: More tips on optimum dental hygiene
Now your toothbrush must do more and wears out faster. Swap the brush as soon as its bristles fray.
Optical help: Tooth dye tablets enable you to recognize every tooth surface at once.
Use an oral irrigator before brushing to eliminate rough food particles.
A weekly fluoride prophylaxis helps you to optimize dental protection.