Fibre Interconnect Solutions
3M™ Fibre Interconnect Solutions feature ferruled fibre connectors and couplings, mechanical splices, cable assemblies, pigtails and associated accessories. 3M fibre interconnection products have gained industry acceptance and widespread recognition for consistent performance and ease of use. 3M offer a wide variety of product solutions based on conventional connector systems:
- ST, SC and FC connectors and couplings
- 19" Patch panels
- Patch cords
- 3M™ Fibrlok™ optical fibre splicing system
- Wall break-out/distribution boxes
- Wall outlets
You can thus select a product to suit your requirements from a wide range of different fibre optic interconnect solutions. Our principal objectives in the development of these products have been: high performance coupled with ease of use. In many cases, the need for expensive specialised tools and highly trained operators has been reduced or eliminated altogether.
More and more complex demands are nowadays being made on passive fibre optic connection systems, which is why 3M Telecommunications is now offering a broad range of complete system solutions for fibre optic distribution networks of any size.
3M Fibrlok™ and Multifibre Fibrlok™ Mechanical Optical Fibre Splice.
Fibrlok mechanical splices are suitable for both single- and multimode fibres having a 125 µm diameter cladding and a 250 µm or 900 µm buffer coating.
The Multi-Fibrlok™ multiple fibre splice can be used for both fibre optic ribbon cables and discrete fibres combined to form a ribbon. It is thus possible to connect 4 or 12 fibres simultaneously in one splice.
Fibre Optic Connectors and Couplings
3M offers a wide range of standard fibre optic connectors and couplings, including ST, SC, and FC types.
For field installation, 3M offers its unique hot melt system for ST, SC, and FC connectors. The ferrules of these connectors are preloaded with a specially formulated hot melt adhesive, which results in an installation time of less than 2 minutes per connector.
- Hot-melt adhesive preloaded into connector ferrule; no epoxy or syringes required
- Short installation time, 2 minutes
- Proven technology, over ten years
- Fibre Optic Accessories
- A broad range of accessories enables us to help our customers complete the installation of their network. This includes cabinets, racks and frames as well as patch panels, splice trays, and fibre and cable management systems.