3M Telecommunications supplies precision detection units for locating and diagnosing faults and for locating cables and markers.
Fault Detection and Diagnosis
3M™ Dynatel™ 965DSP range
- Multi-functional units for locating and diagnosing cable faults
- Full testing and analysis of analogue and digital transmission lines.
Dynatel™ 965DSP units for cable fault detection and diagnosis are microprocessor-controlled measurement systems for analysis, evaluation and fault finding on analogue and digital transmission lines. The measurement functions provided facilitate fault finding on symmetrical transmission lines using the integral resistance measuring bridge or a time domain reflectometer (TDR).
- Self-contained unit for testing and fault finding on paired transmission lines
- Automatic measurement sequences
- Graphic user interface
- Context-sensitive help in the national language
- Integral infrared interface for transferring stored measurements to a PC.
3M™ 1342 Far End Device II
A remotely controlled, automatic measurement aid to allow one person to efficiently test from both ends. The 3M Telecommunications 1342 Far End Device II (FEDII) is the perfect companion to 3M™ Dynatel™ 965DSP multi-functional units for detecting and diagnosing cable faults, and facilitates remotely controlled measurement termination at the other end of the pair being tested.
- Small, portable accessory
- Supports the automatic measurement sequences of Dynatel™ 965DSP multi-functional units for cable fault detection and diagnosis
- Eliminates the need for a second person at the remote end of the pair
Cable and Marker Detection
3M™ Dynatel™ 2210E Cable Locator
Light, portable unit for fast, easy detection of cable position and depth. The Dynatel™ 2210E Cable Locator from 3M Telecommunications is used for the precise location of underground cables, lines, or metal pipes.
- Precise determination of the cable position
- Easy, fast depth calculation
- Facilitates the detection of cables and metallic pipes without a transmitter
Cable Location and Shroud Fault Detection Unit
Light, portable precision locator for easy, accurate and fast location of the position and depth of cables, pipes, and cable sheath faults (3M™ Dynatel™ 2273E Cable Locator). Dynatel 2250E/2273E Cable Locators from 3M Telecommunications are microprocessor-controlled systems with digital signal processing for the easy, accurate detection of underground cables, metallic pipes, and faults in the cable sheath (model 2273E only).
- Easy to use
- Accurate - robust - weatherproof
- Large LCD display
- Digital depth display
- Signal current display
- Four active frequencies
- Four passive search frequencies
- Four methods for optimum cable detection
- Inductive transmission and selection
- Location of cable sheath faults (Model 2273E)
3M Dynatel™ 2250ME/ME-iD / 2273ME/ME-iD Cable/Pipe/Fault Locators
The 3M™ Dynatel™ 2250M-iD/2273M-iD Cable/Pipe/Fault Locators are designed with all of the functionality of previous Dynatel™ models, and iD versions have the enhanced capability to read and write user information into the new 3MTM EMS 1400 Series iD Ball Markers. Information such as a pre-programmed identification number, facility data, application type, placement date and other details can all be read, stored and downloaded to your PC for enhanced resource management with this revolutionary equipment. The Dynatel™ 2250M-iD/2273M-iD Cable/Pipe/Fault Locators will also search for two different types of utility markers simultaneously.
3M Dynatel™ 1420-iD Series Locators (1420E-iD)
3M™ Dynatel™ 1420/1420E-iD Electronic Marker System (EMS) Marker Locators are microprocessor-based systems that incorporate advanced digital signal processing techniques to quickly and efficiently locate underground facilities - even years after construction or maintenance.
Designed to be more accurate, faster and more integrated than ever before, the 3M Dynatel™ EMS iD Marker Locators allow you to accurately and easily:
- Locate, read and write to ID markers
- Pin-point the exact depth and location of all existing models of properly installed underground passive EMS markers
- Direct depth reading of ID markers
- Locate two different marker frequencies simultaneously.