Customer Premises Products
3M Telecommunications provides a wide range of product solutions for customer premises, from a distribution frame cabinet or wall-mounted enclosure to subscriber jacks. Our principal objectives in the development of our components for this field of use were a low space requirement, versatile expansion potential and the highest possible degree of user-friendliness.
Subscriber Jacks for Copper Wire
With LSA-Plus and 3M™ Quante™ SID™ systems we are offering two proven modules with IDC contacts for network connections. Quante™ SID™ is the name of our current versatile connection system. More than 20 years of development skill have gone into establishing this system, used in numerous countries on all five continents.
- High capacity
- Optimised cost-benefit ratio
- Wide range of products for every application
- High reliability
- Individual protective design
- Comprehensive range of accessories
Distribution Frame Enclosure for Customer Premises
The 3M Telecommunications VKA range includes indoor distribution frame enclosures for many current fibre optic and copper wire telecommunications applications. They can be found wherever space is at a premium and cost-effective installation is required. "FlexiBase" means that the user can leave the decision to opt for DIN slots or the compact 3M™ Quante™ SID™-C system until the last minute for a capacity range of 60-640 wire pairs.
The VKA range can be used as breakout frames or jumper rings for fibre optic systems with between 12 and 96 fibres.
- Remote monitoring facility
- Secure access (various enclosure locks)
- Copper terminations with surge protection possible
Fibre Optic Subscriber Connections
3M Telecommunications supplies a product in the form of a fibre optic socket for customer premises and workplace connections within the scope of "fibre-to-the-desk" (FTTD) cabling systems.
For full information please click on:
Volition™ Network Solutions
Fibre Interconnect Solutions
- Range of solutions from mechanical splice
- Small form factor
- Mechanical splice
- Surface-mounting and wall duct installation
- Two connections per socket
- For breakout and jumper systems
- Excess length can be stored in the patress box
- V-groove technology for reliable alignment
- Dustproof caps
Another highlight of the 3M Telecommunications product range is the possibility of installing fibre optic sockets on site by using our hot-melt technology, which can be used with types FC/PC, SCc and ST.
- Hot-melt adhesive already applied to the connector; No epoxy resin required
- Short installation time
- Less different paper grades needed when polishing
- ISDN Network Termination Units (NT1 BRA)
Privately owned or rented copper and fibre optic networks can now be used cost-effectively with digital transmission systems. The use of internationally standardised interfaces is a prerequisite for problem-free connection to existing terminal equipment. The NT1 from 3M Telecommunications is the network termination unit for a basic ISDN connection and for permanent, structural 64 kbps connections. The NT1 is designed for various customer requirements: 3M supplies the NT1 in the form of a 19" rack, an NT1 wall-mounted enclosure, an NT1 subrack and additional components of the E0 transmission system. Click here for further information.
The ISDN Network Termination Unit
- makes the ISDN customer interface available
- will operate without a local power supply in an emergency