Please click on the key sections below to learn more about the 3M™ Aura™ 9300+ Series User Instructions. These guides are designed to help you get the most out of your new product. Among others, read about Warning and limitations, Fitting instructions, fit check and approvals.
If you see anything missing or would like further explanation, then please contact us directly with your questions.
Full user instructions available with product. Below find key sections.
WARNING AND LIMITATIONS
Always be sure that the complete product is:
- Suitable for the application;
- Fitted correctly;
- Worn during all periods of exposure;
- Replaced when necessary.
- Proper selection, training, use and appropriate maintenance are essential in order for the product to help protect the wearer from certain airborne contaminants. Failure to follow all instructions on the use of these respiratory protection products and/or failure to properly wear the complete product during all periods of exposure may adversely affect the wearer's health, lead to severe or life threatening illness or permanent disability.
- For suitability and proper use follow local regulations and refer to all information supplied or contact a safety professional or 3M on 0870 60 800 60 (UK) or 1800 320500 (Ireland).
- Before use, the wearer must be trained in use of the complete product in accordance with applicable Health and Safety standards/guidance.
- These products do not contain components made from natural rubber latex.
- These products do not protect against gases/vapours.
- Do not use in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen. (3M definition. Individual countries may apply their own limits on oxygen deficiency. Seek advice if in doubt).
- Do not use for respiratory protection against atmospheric contaminants/concentrations which are unknown or immediately dangerous to life and health (IDLH).
- Do not use with beards or other facial hair that may inhibit contact between the face and the product thus preventing a good seal.
- Leave the contaminated area immediately if:
- Discard and replace the respirator if it becomes damaged, breathing resistance becomes excessive or at the end of a shift.
- Never alter, modify or repair this device.
- In case of intended use in explosive atmospheres, contact 3M.
1. Cover the front of the respirator with both hands being careful not to disturb the fit of the respirator
2a. UNVALVED respirator - EXHALE sharply
2b. VALVED respirator - INHALE sharply
3. If air leaks around the nose, re-adjust the noseclip to eliminate leakage. Repeat the above fit check
4. If air leaks at the respirator edges, work the straps back along the sides of the head to eliminate leakage. Repeat the above fit check. If you CANNOT achieve proper fit DO NOT enter the hazardous area. See your supervisor. Users should be fit tested in accordance with national requirements.
For information regarding fit testing procedures, please check our Fit Test video or contact 3M.
STORAGE AND TRANSPORTATION
Average conditions may exceed 25°C/80% RH for limited periods. They can reach an average of 38°C/85% RH, provided that this is for no more than 3 months in the shelf life of the product. Before initial use, always check that the product is within the stated shelf life (use by date). When storing or transporting this product use original packaging provided.
These products meet the Basic Safety Requirements as laid out in Annex II of the European Community Directive 89/686/EEC, and have been examined at the design stage by: Combitech AB, Box 168, SE-73223 Arboga, Sweden (Notified Body number 2279).
R = Reusable
NR = Non reusable (single shift use only)
D = Meets the clogging requirements
Download FULL User Instructions (PDF, 516KB)