Advanced Coating - Greater Performance
Emerging from a rich heritage of advanced coating innovation, 3M™ introduces Rugged Anti-Scratch (RAS) super hard coat for non-prescription safety eyewear lenses. RAS provides excellent protection against scratches in the toughest of environments.
With at least five times more scratch resistance than generic 3M hard coats, you’ll see a clear difference when it comes to durability and longer lens life – which leads to lower costs. RAS-coated lenses are designed to stand up to the rigors of a wide range of applications such as chipping, chiseling, drilling, milling, machining, masonry, power fastening, riveting, sanding, and sawing.
- At least five times more scratch resistance than any hard coat on any other 3M non-prescription safety eyewear
- Keeps lenses clear, and safer longer
- Marked with the K feature conform EN166
- Lowers replacement costs by extending the life of the lens
- Offers good resistance to degradation by contact with chemicals*
*In accordance with EN166:2001 safety spectacles cannot be tested and approved for use against liquid droplets. For protection against chemical splash hazards, alternative 3M products are available. Contact your local 3M office for further advice
To find out more details about the Rugged Anti-Scratch (RAS) technology, please read our leaflet (pdf, 157KB) and for more information about our eyewear range, please visit our online product catalogue.