For many years, 3M has accompanied automotive manufacturers to help them integrate new technologies into their production processes.
From identification and surface protection to the assembly of different and more complex materials, 3M solution teams are recognised partners of the automotive industry, such as: light vehicles, commercial, community.
Assembly of low surface energy plastics
1) 3M new 360 quick bonding adhesive was developed to bond to different low surface energy materials such as polyethylene, polypropylene and powder coated parts. Final adhesion performance is unmatched on. This range is available in transfer tapes as well as double sided tapes. They are ideal for assembly in demanding markets such as automotive, electronics, point-of-sale, ...
2) 3M Adhesive Transfer Tape 468MP is used to bond foam-backed fabric to the plastic bolster of automotive interior door panel.
3) 3M Double Coated Tape 4492 is used to bond interior visor mirror glass to the plastic bezel.
4) 3M Scotch-Weld 2000 Waterbased Adhesive is used to bond fabric to ABS bolster insert on automotive interior door panel.
5) 3M Scotch-Weld 2000 Waterbased Adhesive is used to bond the polyethylene moisture barrier of foam-backed fabric to the rigid PVC sunroof visor.
6) 3M Scotch-Weld Foam Adhesive 100 is used to bond foam-backed fabric to foam for headliners in automobiles.
7) 3M Scotch-Weld Adhesive Structural Acrylic DP8005 is used to bond decorative plastic trim to instrument panel.
1) 3M Double Coated Tape 9690 is used to attach foam-backed vinyl die-cut part to the plastic storage compartment for sunglasses.
2) 3M Adhesive Transfer Tape 9185MP is used to attach a screen printed polycarbonate automotive instrument cluster to the instrument panel.
Airbag Warning Label
1) 3M Polyester Label Material 92200 incorporates 3M SE100 adhesive displaying high bond performance across a wide range of critical LSE composite plastics increasingly used in automotive interiors where unique surface aesthetics are desired such as textured, soft touch and pleasant tactile finishes.
2) 3M Label Material 7908 is used for a fuse box label inside of automobiles.
1) 3M Conformable Sound Management Tape 9343 helps provide antisqueak protection between plastic components for air bag covers.
Reduced vibration and noise
2) The application of anti-vibration 3M 2552 tape inside a car door provides an effective reduction of noise and vibration, with only 10% of the total area covered.
1) 3M Fine Line Tape 4737 is used to create a die cut part for painting an accent color on trim.
Sealing inside car doors
1) 3M 425 aluminium tape seals against moisture and dust when applied in cavities of car doors.
To discuss any of these applications or your specific requirements please contact us