Where to Buy
Nextel Ceramic Textiles
This family of metal oxide fibres can be readily converted into ceramic textile products which meet demanding performance requirements in high temperature operating environments.
Nextel™ Ceramic Textiles are typically used in aerospace, outer space and industrial applications.
Because the filaments are continuous and strong, Nextel™ Ceramic Textiles can be produced without the aid of other fibres or wire inserts. Rovings, yarns, fabrics, tapes, sleevings and sewing threads are typical products.
- Stable at temperatures in excess of 1000°C
- Remains flexible and has low shrinkage at very high temperatures
- High electrical resistance at very high temperatures
- Low moisture absorption
- No residual acids or chlorides to leach out.
- Good dimensional stability
- Will not damage metal parts
- Low interference with electrical conduction.
- Can form textiles without the need for other materials (metals) as inserts
- Can produce tube seals for furnaces
- Excellent for thermocouple shield, resistance wire supports and other high temperature electrical applications.
- Tube seals, thermocouples, horse-tail curtains, furnace curtains, heat shields, ladle covers, resistance wire supports
- Conveyor belts, expansion joints, furnace linings, zone dividers, seals and gaskets.
Nextel™ Ceramic Textiles Technical Notebook (pdf, 1.2mb)
To discuss how you can benefit from using 3M Nextel Thermal Barriers contact us today.
For further information about any of our products or services, contact us.