High Efficiency in Acoustic Absorption with just a few cm² of Material
3M Thinsulate products are already in use in many global Automotive applications utiziling their enormous advantages.
You can find specific product information in our download section. Just follow this Link.
Less weight for lighter cars
•Due to the smart product construction made from Polyester and Polypropylene Non-Woven fibers, the 3M Thinsulate products are extremely lightweight.
Excellent acoustic absorption
• Thinsulate excels in absorbing middle to high frequency ranges.
Reduced complexity and simplified geometries in product construction
• You can work with simple rectangular Thinsulate shapes to meet your absorption requirements. No need for complex shapes and high customization costs any longer.
Easy attachment of Thinsulate Acoustic Insulation
• Thinsulate can be attached with ultrasonic welding, with double sided tapes or with mechanical clips.
Stress-free assembly with 3M absorber materials
• The Materials are very conformable with low memory forces which enable a stress free mounting process and integration into larger components.
Water repellent Thinsulate avoids mildew growth
• Thinsulate absorbs minimal moisture. There is no need for an additional water protection layer within the final component construction. This reduces cost. Additionally, Thinsulate is resistant to mildew growth, eliminating the risk of unintended odours.
3M provides die-cuts or rollgood material
• 3M provides the service of custom cutting material to your specific shapes. If you have inhouse converting capability, you can buy roll good material as well..
Additional technical information about Thinsulate acoustic insulation products can be found in the datasheet section. Or directly get in touch with 3M technical staff for further direct support. Please contact us.