3M™ Thinsulate™ Acoustic Absorption Material is an ideal acoustic solution for the automotive industry. It is already used by vehicle manufacturers worldwide who value it’s extremely efficient sound absorption properties, requiring only a few square centimetres of material to make a difference. 3M™ Thinsulate™ products offer significant improvements in sound insulation when incorporated into the fabrication of various automotive components.
A sound advantage
Automotive manufacturers the world over are discovering the advantages of 3M Thinsulate Acoustic Solutions.
- Quieter cars. 3M Thinsulate provides highly efficient acoustic absorption, particularly in the middle- to high-frequency ranges.
- Lighter cars. 3M Thinsulate products are made from lightweight polyester and polypropylene non-woven fibres.
- Reduced complexity. With 3M Thinsulate, you can work with simple, rectangular pieces. No need for complicated shapes or costly customisation.
- Easy to use. 3M Thinsulate can be attached with ultrasonic welding, double-sided tape or mechanical clips.
- Stress-free assembly. 3M Thinsulate materials are conformable with low memory forces. This enables a stress-free mounting process and integration into larger components.
- Mildew resistant and hydrophobic. 3M Thinsulate is water repellent so absorbs minimal moisture - no need for an additional waterproof layer. It is also resistant to mildew growth, eliminating the risk of unintended odours.
- Manufacturing support. 3M offers a custom die-cutting service and can provide rollgood material for those with in-house converting capability.
Additional technical details can be found in our datasheets. For product support or more information on how 3M Thinsulate Acoustic Solutions could benefit your automotive manufacturing process, contact a 3M specialist.
Applications for 3M™ Thinsulate™ Acoustic Absorption Material
We are more than just acoustic solutions. The team at 3M has vast experience working with customers in the automotive industry and can help deliver a customised, end-to-end solution for modern manufacturing challenges. For more information or to speak to a 3M specialist, please Contact Us
For additional technical information on 3M Thinsulate Acoustic Solutions, please download a datasheet