3M Purification and Sustainability
"Sustainability" is a globally recognised framework, developed by a United Nations commission, for businesses to achieve:
Social Responsibility and
For a record-setting seventh year in a row, 3M has been named a winner of the ENERGY STAR(R) Sustained Excellence Award for its comprehensive world-wide energy conservation efforts. No other company has achieved that distinction for seven consecutive years, or as many as seven times.
These are the future plans for Sustainability in 3M
- Reduce Waste 10% by 2015 - from 2010 base year, indexed to net sales
- Reduce Volatile Air Emissions 15% by 2015 - from 2010 base year, indexed to net sales
- Improve Energy Efficiency 25% by 2015 - from 2005 base year, energy efficiency is defined as energy use indexed to net sales
- Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions 5% by 2011 - from 2006 base year, indexed to net sales - Goal was established in 2007.
- Develop Water Conservation Plans for 3M sites Located in Areas With Scarce or Stressed Water Resources
- Develop Community Stakeholder Engagement Plans for Select Manufacturing Sites
- Establish an EHS Management Framework at New Sites
- Further Enhance Environmental Sustainability Attributes of New Products
- Review Progress on Standard for Suppliers.
Our Products and Sustainability
AP2 - G range - A range of products for mains fed water cooler filtration - These use a smaller carbon block and less plastic so both material costs and material usage are reduced. This miniaturised product provides the same performance as its larger predecessor - and reduces carbon footprint plus the cost and size of disposal.
Back to Innovative Solutions