3M™ Littmann® TeleSteth™ Server System
With the TeleSteth™ System, you can easily incorporate both store-and-forward and real-time streaming of stethoscope sounds into your telemedicine program.
Features and Benefits:
Anytime, anywhere collaboration
Share heart, lung and airway sounds with colleagues located across the globe. Sounds are transmitted via a secure internet connection using either the 3M™ TeleSteth™ Cloud Server or your own private network using the TeleSteth™ Client Server.
The revolutionary technology behind the TeleSteth™ System allows you to evaluate patient sounds remotely, either in real-time during an exam, or at your convenience using store-and-forward mode (only available with TeleSteth™ Client Server).
The TeleSteth™ System is designed to be accessed from a user’s PC via the internet. It’s fully integrated with the 3M™ Littmann® StethAssist® Heart and Lung Sounds Visualization Software that comes free with the Littmann Model 3200 Stethoscope.
Internet: TeleSteth™ Cloud Server
The Cloud Server allows you to conduct remote auscultations anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
The flexible, web-based architecture allows you to log onto a 3M-hosted server site where you can listen to a patient at a remote site using real-time live streaming.
How TeleSteth™ Cloud Server Works
- Ideal for organizations with minimal IT Infrastructure investment
- A Model 3200 Stethoscope, PC / laptop and high-speed internet connection are all that is required
- Secure and robust
- Includes technical support
System Requirements and Setup
- The 3M Server creates real-time streams using TCP over SSL on ports 1100-1300
- In order for the TeleSteth™ System to function properly, the client needs to be able to open an outgoing port in the designated range and pointed to the TeleSteth™ System server IP address
- Requires purchase of software licenses, and annual maintenance fees after one year
- Accounts can be provisioned within one-two business days of purchase
Private Network: TeleSteth™ Client Server Solution
The TeleSteth™ Client Server Solution is a server-based tele-auscultation system that runs on your own enterprise server. Through the easy-to-use software interface, you can quickly initiate live streaming auscultation sessions for real-time collaboration. Or you can use the store-and-forward mode to upload a recorded patient auscultation for later review by a consultant.
The server-based model offers enhanced flexibility with single sign-on user name and password that integrates with your current network system and operates within your own secure IT network.
How TeleSteth™ Client Server Works
- Ideal for organizations that prefer to manage their own IT server infrastructure
- Configured for your IT requirements
- Supports public network or private network configurations
- Scalable, robust architecture
- Includes training and technical support
Typical Set-up Process
- 3M and client IT staff discuss requirements and configuration
- Equipment procurement
- 3M installs the TeleSteth™ Server Software
- LDAP integration (if requested)
- Final acceptance testing
- Administrator training
- Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1 or later, or Windows 7
- 512 MB RAM
- 1 gigahertz processor or better
- 1023 x 600 graphic display or better
- USB 1.1 port or better
- Approximately 150kbps bandwidth is required per streaming connection
- Approximately 1MB of storage space is required for each recorded sound track
- All transmitted data is encrypted via SSL encryption
- All stored data is encrypted at both client and server endpoints
- Automated mechanisms detect failed authentication and suspicious server activity with administrator notification
- "Out-of-band" operation functions in parallel with both software and hardware based videoconferencing codecs
- Configurable for operation on an existing private, public or hybrid network infrastructure
- Adjustable latency to accommodate various network technologies (client server only)
- Requires SSL certificate maintenance for the server (3M will help generate certificate request)
- Configurable for stand-alone user accounts or integration with an existing LDAP authentication server
- Real-time streams use TCP over SSL on ports 1100-1300
Talk to Us
For additional information and talk to a sales representative, please contact us.
Unique Chestpiece Finishes
Explore elegance - copper, brass, gold, black, smoke or rainbow!
To ensure that your 3M™ Littmann® Stethoscope is the real deal, purchase it online or in person through authorized retailers only. Beware of counterfeit 3M™ Littmann® Stethoscopes sold by unauthorized outlets.
Where to Buy