At 3M, precise optical lenses and complex shapes are formed using advanced molding technologies. We also use molding to create microreplicated patterns in structured abrasives and brightness enhancement and security films. Driven by the extremely high tolerances required by these products, 3M has developed an unmatched expertise in the multiple sub-technologies―such as mold tooling design, process measurement, and thermal cycling―needed to process thermoplastic and thermosetting materials.
- First Application Scotchlok™ connectors (1956)
- Now Innovating Recycled content tape dispensers, thermoforming multilayer materials
- Markets Serves all 3M markets
- Core Products Injection molding, thermoforming, casting, continuous processing
- 3M Business Unit Industrial, Consumer, Health Care, Electronics & Energy, Safety & Graphics
Post-it® Pop-up Notes Dispensers
Post-it® Dispensers offer sleek desktop styling that keeps your pop-up sticky notes at the ready.
Polymer Melt Processing
Nearly all 3M technology platforms—and most products—rely on polymer processing.
We’re looking forward to a future when less vaccine can help more people.