3M™ Dyneon™ Fluoroplastic THV 221GZ
3M fluorochemicals are the active materials in 3M's extensive line of protective coatings. They are also used as thermal management fluids and as surfactants that improve the flow of high-performance paints and coatings. Dyneon fluoropolymers have outstanding temperature and chemical resistance, making them ideal for many products that operate in extreme and hostile environments. They are used in wire coatings, seals, gaskets, nonstick coatings, fuel hose liners, and other critical, high-performance applications.
High performance, low environmental impact
Our scientists evaluated thousands of potential molecular combinations in the development of 3M’s proprietary segregated hydrofluoroethers (HFEs) used for electronics cleaning and heat transfer applications.
- First Application Scotchgard™ Fabric Protector (1956)
- Now Innovating Novec™ fluids for electronics
- What We’ve Done Walking on the moon (1969), giant squid at the Smithsonian, first fabric protection products
- Markets Textiles, Consumer, Electronics, Industrial, Automotive
- Core Products Scotchgard™, Fluorel™, Novec™
- 3M Business Unit Electronics & Energy, Consumer, Industrial