Advances in electronic components―from semiconductors and interconnects to data storage and displays―often begin with breakthroughs in the organic, inorganic, and metallic materials from which these components are fabricated. 3M contributes to improvements in manufacturing and performance by applying its strengths in many of the other building blocks of today’s electronic devices, including fluorochemicals, adhesives, abrasives, membranes, electrodes, and electrolytes.
- First Application Scotch® 33 Vinyl Electrical Tape (1945)
- Now Innovating New anode and cathode materials for batteries
- What We’ve Done Contrast enhancement films reduce image loss to glare by three times
- Markets Electronics
- Core Products Static control, EMI shields, connectors, adhesives, fluids, damping
- 3M Business Unit Industrial, Electronics & Energy, Safety & Graphics