To create products for the health sciences, 3M applies its unusual combination of strengths in material science, surface characterization, filtration, and biology. Among the results: remarkably durable dental restoratives, biocompatible surgical tapes and dressings, transdermal patches for drug delivery, antimicrobial cleansers, and sterilization sensors.
- First Application Surgical drapes (1948)
- Now Innovating 3M™ Molecular Detection Assay for Salmonella
- Markets Food Processing, Health Care, Janitorial Service
- Core Products Petri Film™, Clean Trace™, Avagard™, Ioban™, Tegaderm™, Nexcare™, Micropore™, Filtek™
- 3M Business Unit Health Care, Consumer