When 3M scientists begin work on a customer’s problem, they draw on a remarkable array of advanced and specialty materials: polymers, composites, ceramics, fluoromaterials, nanomaterials, and more. Our labs constantly add to this palette with new formulations and breakthrough modifications of existing materials. And 3M is unmatched in the application of these novel materials to the demands of real-world manufacturing.
- First Application Adhesive for Wetordry™ Sandpaper (1921)
- Now Innovating Lava™ Ultimate resin nano ceramic restorative
- What We’ve Done THV fuel hose liner reduces passive gas emissions for automobiles by 95%
- Markets Serves all 3M markets
- Core Products ScotchKote™, ceramic microspheres, glass bubbles, fluoro-polymers
- 3M Business Unit Industrial, Consumer, Health Care, Electronics & Energy, Safety & Graphics
3M™ Glass Bubbles
Low density and high strength make 3M glass bubbles ideal additives for a variety of resin systems.
3M™ Novec™ Products
3M™ Novec™ Products: safe, sustainable, effective solutions in industrial and electronics applications.
Electric Gadgets and Giant Squids
Unique chemistry protects both devices and memorable treasures alike.