3M began as an abrasives manufacturer. For more than a century, we have refined our original technologies and complemented them with breakthrough inventions developed by other 3M businesses. Today, our abrasives rely on traditional strengths such as adhesives and coating, as well as the most modern technologies, from microreplication to ceramics and nonwoven materials. The result is a comprehensive range of abrasives that shape, finish, and polish with ease and precision.
- First Application Sandpaper and grinding wheels (1902)
- Now Innovating Shaped abrasive grains, Greener Clean (natural materials)
- What We’ve Done Part of the automobile industry for 90 years
- Markets Industrial, Consumer, Transportation, Metal Working
- Core Products Sand Blaster™, Scotch Brite™, Trizact™, Cubitron II™
- 3M Business Unit Industrial, Consumer
3M™ Cubitron™ II Abrasives
3M™ Cubitron™ II abrasives technology has changed the game in industrial abrasives.
Tiny, precisely shaped structures give materials new physical, chemical, or optical properties.
Scotch-Brite® Greener Clean Products
Scotch-Brite® Greener Clean products offer sustainable qualities to help you rethink your routine.