Over the decades, 3M has become a world leader in the development and use of polymers, turning these unique molecules into films and objects through extrusion, coating and other processing techniques. Today, nearly all 3M technology platforms, and the majority of 3M products, rely on polymer processing. This expertise is particularly important in the health care, electronics, and display and graphics markets.
- First Application Scotch® 33 Vinyl Electrical Tape (1945)
- Now Innovating Architectural Films
- What We’ve Done Unmatched capability in coextruded film technology
- Markets Serves all 3M markets
- Core Products Extrusion, coating, fibres, moulding
- 3M Business Unit Industrial, Consumer, Health Care, Electronics & Energy, Safety & Graphics