3M understands visual communication. We made the first thermo-fax machine for transmitting images. We redefined advertising with the first digitally printed, wall-sized graphics. We invented multi-layer optical films that create crisp, vibrant images for electronic displays and counterfeit-resistant security marks. We’ve refined our inks and pigments to ensure true, bright colours that last, even under the harshest conditions. Building on decades of experience in print and digital technologies, 3M continues to introduce sophisticated films, inks and software for print, electronic displays and signage.
- First Application Thermo-Fax Copier (1951)
- Now Innovating Surface-textured graphic films, digital 3D oral scans
- What We’ve Done Graphics in London for the Queen's Jubilee and the Olympics; can also produce graphics to cover a semi-trailer in 20 minutes
- Markets Electronics, Security, Graphics, Dental
- Core Products ScotchPrint®, Confirm™, Lava™ Chairside Oral Scanner
- 3M Business Unit Health Care, Safety & Graphics
3M™ Commercial Graphics
3M innovation yields products for large-format graphics applications, from floors to buildings to vehicle wraps.
3M systems have helped Syrian refugees find their families, food and medicine.
A Brighter Hope
A 4.5-inch-wide hole delivers help to 33 miners trapped half a mile underground.