3M's engineered films serve a vast multitude of uses. One product line enhances the brightness in LCD displays, while another blocks the sun from coming through windows. 3M films are used to create building-sized graphics and to prevent graffiti. Some are single-layered, with humble applications, and others combine hundreds of layers that are tuned to transmit or reflect specific wavelengths. Still other films provide very high barriers to oxygen and moisture, a requirement in next-generation electronic displays.
All wrapped up
Film technology spans countless applications - one of the more visible being the material behind large-format graphics. You can see 3M’s graphic films in use everywhere, from signs to vehicle wraps. Stunning graphics, quality performance and ease of use make this technology a top choice for individuals and companies who want to show off their personalities and make an impact.
It starts with film
3M offers opaque, translucent, transparent and reflective films in various materials, colours and finishes, many of which can be digitally or screen printed using UV, latex or solvent ink.
On a big scale
3M’s graphic film products can even be used to wrap entire buildings, creating striking, larger-than-life experiences.
- First Application Scotch® Tape backing (1931)
- Now Innovating Quantum Dot Enhancement Film for LCDs
- What We’ve Done ESR (Enhanced Specular Reflector) is the most reflective film ever made; protective films for wind turbines and aerospace, architectural surface films
- Markets Architecture, Electronics, Security, Visibility, Industrial, Appliance
- Core Products PPT, DI-NOC™, 3M™ Optical films, barrier films
- 3M Business Unit Industrial, Consumer, Health Care, Electronics & Energy, Safety & Graphics
3M™ DI-NOC™ Architectural Finishes
3M™ DI-NOC™ architectural finishes bear a strong resemblance to natural materials and other surfaces
3M™ Commercial Graphics
3M innovation yields products for large-format graphics applications, from floors to buildings to vehicle wraps.
Reducing the cost barrier makes the choice for renewable energy an easy one.