3M began as an abrasives manufacturer. For more than a century, we have refined our original technologies and complemented them with breakthrough inventions developed by other 3M businesses. Today, our abrasives rely on traditional strengths, such as adhesives and coating, as well as the most modern technologies, from micro-replication to ceramics and non-woven materials. The result is a comprehensive range of abrasives that shape, finish and polish with ease and precision.
- First Application Sandpaper and grinding wheels (1902)
- Now Innovating Shaped abrasive grains, Greener Clean (natural materials)
- What We’ve Done Part of the vehicle industry for 90 years
- Markets Industrial, Consumer, Transport, Metal-working
- Core Products Sand Blaster™, Scotch Brite™, Trizact™, Cubitron II™
- 3M Business Unit Industrial, Consumer
3M™ Cubitron™ II Abrasives
3M™ Cubitron™ II abrasives technology has changed the game in industrial abrasives.
Tiny, precisely shaped structures give materials new physical, chemical or optical properties.
Scotch-Brite® Greener Clean Products
Scotch-Brite® Greener Clean products offer sustainable qualities to help you rethink your routine.