Loud, unpleasant noises aren’t just irritating - they are also a threat to our health and safety. 3M has engineered selected non-wovens, visco-elastic polymers and other materials to absorb sound, dampen vibration and control undesirable noise. In vehicles, these materials create a quieter passenger compartment. In computer disk drives, they reduce irritating sounds and help increase access speed and storage capacity. In the work place, they reduce distraction, protect hearing and allow communication.
- Now Innovating Micro-perforated architectural panels, flame-retardant acoustic insulation for transport
- What We’ve Done Smithsonian Great Ape Exhibit acoustic tiles (2012)
- Markets Construction, Transport, Appliance, Architecture
- Core Products Vibration-dampening foils, Thinsulate™, hearing protection, architectural panels
- 3M Business Unit Safety & Graphics, Industrial
3M™ E-A-R™ and Peltor™ Hearing Protection products
3M is dedicated to the success of your entire hearing conservation programme.
After 50 years of exploring uses for non-woven materials, we’re still finding new opportunities.
Drive a Car, Hike Up a Mountain
Versatile application of science yields acoustic and thermal benefits.